personal-injury

What treatments am I covered for?

As a driver or passenger of a car that was involved in a car accident you have coverage for multiple treatments and benefits covered by your insurance company. Those benefits include:

  • Treatments and Medical Rehabilitation
  • Income Replacement
  • Care giver
  • Non Earner Benefit
  • Attendant Care
  • Funeral expanses Support if needed

All those benefits are detailed in our e mail response when you fill the contact form “Avoid costly mistakes”.

When you apply for Benefits you must make a claim with your insurance company. The first form you need to fill out is OCF-1 and later followed by filing OCF-3 with a chiropractor during your first assessment. Those forms can be found on the e mail Link provided to you when you request “Avoid costly mistakes” brochure.

When applying for medical benefits few things to remember:

  • Regardless if your at fault or not, if you have insurance you are covered for medical treatment
  • You have 7 days to notify your insurance of injury
  • You have 30 days to submit the OCF-1 form
  • OCF-3 form require a medical professional to fill out
  • Standardized Lawyers practice in Toronto for lawyers is no win no fee
  • Eventually if you don’t get better insurance will offer you settlement to stop costing them money in treatments and will try to settle on an amount based on your future treatments requirements in One payment. An agreed % of that amount will cover the lawyers fees and Rehabilitation outstanding if any.

What Treatments will I get at the Rehabilitation clinic?

The rehabilitation clinic will provide you with medical treatments depending on your injuries and on the type of file category you are in. there are 3 types of categories and they all have different money allowance:

  • MIG (minor injury guideline) $3500.00
  • Non MIG up to $50,000.00
  • Catastrophic injuries up to $1,000,000.00

The treatment will include:

  • Chiropractic adjustments
  • Massage treatment by RMT
  • Electrotherapy
  • Ultrasound
  • Water massage therapy (in selected clinic)
  • Physiological therapy & Hypnosis )
  • Acupuncture
  • Soft tissue therapy
  • Therapeutic exercise
  • Postural education

 

How much will the lawyer cost me?

The accident injury lawyer will cost you anywhere from 15%-30% depends on your case and what you initially agree on. Most injury lawyers in Ontario have a standardized practice of “No Win, No Fee” meaning if the lawyer don’t get you settlement money from the insurance company for your damages they wont charge you anything. This is with an exception to use the same lawyer from start to finish. If you change your lawyer during the case he originally started, there might be some charges involved work done based on its progress and hours.

 

When will I receive money?

The money will be given to you by your insurance company in case where you condition don’t get better, or get better but not fast enough. You will attend your treatments and follow your lawyers instructions and if after 8 to 24 months your physical conditions shows no improvements or not enough recovery within given time, your insurance will most likely offer you a settlement for your future treatments in exchange for you to remove the treatments liability from the insurance company. The Settlement amount depends on the weight of your injuries and price of treatment for those injuries. The higher the price for treatments you require the higher the settlement.

How will I receive the money?

The money will be send or delivered by means of a cheque to your lawyers firm or to you, depends on the instruction your insurance company is provided. From that amount your lawyer will deducted his fees (15% -30%) and taxes (13% of the 15%-30% only) and will provide you a cheque for the rest of the amount (70%-85%).

On our “Avoid Costly Mistakes” you will find out more detailed information’s and links to the FCO Forms.

  • Request a Free consultation about your accident injury.

    Complete the form below and click "Send". An accident specialist will review your message and get back to you within 24 hours. Please include email and phone number.
  • For example: Yonge and Bloor

  • Please DO NOT ask questions about your accident report.
    Contact the reporting centre directly.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.